Expert Plumbers In Garbage Disposal Clogs
You may be experiencing the following if you have a clogged garbage disposal:
- Slow draining kitchen sink
- Strange grinding or humming noises
- Leaking water in or under kitchen sink
- Jammed blades that may stop moving
- Bad odors emitting from kitchen sink
- Overflowing water causing a mess
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s best to address the clog as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the disposal and ensure it continues to work properly.
A Jax Plumbing expert can be at your door in 30 minutes. Call For a No Hassle Price Quote & Free Estimate.
100% Customer Satisfaction Rating [Check out our reviews on Facebook]
- Turn off the power: The first step is to turn off the power to the disposal. This can usually be done by unplugging it or turning off the circuit breaker that powers it.
- Check for visible blockages: Before disassembling the disposal, the plumber will check for any visible blockages, such as large items of food, utensils, or other objects that may have become lodged in the disposal.
- Use a plunger: If there is a blockage near the opening of the disposal, the plumber may try using a plunger to clear it. They will fill the sink with water, place the plunger over the disposal opening, and pump the plunger up and down several times.
- Try a reset button: Most modern garbage disposals have a reset button that can be used to manually reset the motor. The plumber will locate the reset button (usually a red button located on the bottom of the disposal), press it, and see if the disposal starts working again.
- Remove the disposal unit: If the disposal still doesn’t work, the plumber may need to remove the unit to access the blades and motor. They will do this by loosening the mounting assembly that holds the disposal in place and removing it from the sink.
- Clean the blades: Once the disposal unit is removed, the plumber will be able to see the blades and motor. They will use a brush or a pair of pliers to remove any debris that may have accumulated around the blades.
- Reassemble the disposal: After cleaning the blades and motor, the plumber will reassemble the disposal, making sure to tighten the mounting assembly securely.
- Test the disposal: Once the disposal has been reassembled, the plumber will turn the power back on and run the disposal to make sure it’s working properly.
These steps should help unclog a garbage disposal, but if the problem persists, the plumber may need to replace the disposal unit or perform additional repairs.
We are a licensed, certified and fully-insured company.
Jax Plumbing is your local Neighborhood Garbage Disposal Clog Expert.
We’re the plumbers who are always On-Call, ready to assist our community.
I am so grateful for JAX Plumbing!! The owner is honest and fare. Excellent service. Working on E Hollywood Homes takes a great deal of patience and brains!!
Excellent service, very fast professional and Reliable with great pricing. I wish i would have called them sooner instead of spending 75$ trying to fix this myself.
I would like to say Jax plumbing bailed me out. He was very courteous and professional. The workmanship is second to none. Highly recommended. Thank you for your efforts and prompt response.